Thursday, February 28, 2008

What's new?

So what's new you ask? We have had glorious ran the last few weeks. Our rain total is double what we got last year. Sweet!

I finally finished 'The Fellowship of the Ring' last week. I am going to take a break before I jump into the 2nd book in the trilogy. I have also finished the Book of Mormon. I have started again, this time using the BofM student manual religion 121 and 122. I am having so much fun with it. I also started 'The Screwtape Letters' by C.S. Lewis. I bought the book awhile ago and am excited to get into it. I have a feeling it is one of those books you have to read twice in a row. Who has read it? What did you think about it?

Our YM/YW had a Couth night this week. We invited the 4th ward. It quadrupled our regular numbers. I believe the night was a success. So I won't be responsible for another one until October. I want to do something kinda wacky. But always remember, "plan with a purpose". Is 'wacky' a purpose?

I have resigned my post as the Pinecone Book club instructor at work. March will be my last month. It has been fun and I have learned a bunch, but after 1 1/2 years it is time to pass the torch to someone who doesn't have YW's that night and who doesn't have a husband for a Bishop.

The vegetable garden gets started this weekend. It's a small one, but remember, we weren't told to have a big one, we were just told to have one. So here is to radishes, corn, strawberries, tomatoes, pumpkin, zucchini, raspberries and sugar snap peas, at least for now.

Mile War 66.5+10+12.5=79

4 comments:

Holly F. said...

Mom, I've read the Screwtape Letters, but I don't think I could read it twice in a row. That'd be too much!

Shelley said...

I've read it too, and it is one to read more than once, but not in a row, it really would be too much. And the garden sounds delicious!

Julie said...

That does sound delicious!

Shyla said...

Russell and I are reading the Screwtape Letters together right now. I'm really enjoying it....if that's not a terrible thing to do. It's very interesting to have an "insiders view" of how Satan works. Kinda scary too though.