Sunday, February 10, 2008

Okay, what's up with touching the mic

Today was a great Sunday. Daniel Doria's mission farewell was today. Andrew Doria sang and did a beautiful job. He has such a great tenor voice. Then little brother got up and gave a great talk. It was hard for me to focus 100% 'cause I kept remembering him running around his house when he was a youngin' in diapers. He is all grown up now. He cried a little and I was sad Holly wasn't here. I know how she loves her Daniel. My only beef with his talk is he kept touching the mic. No joke. It was probably every 5th word. I know I am not the perfect speaker. That would, umm, keeps popping up just about as often as Daniel touched the mic. We all have things, don't we? Mexico City will be a better place in soon.

After sacrament I went upstairs to set up for YW and found 3 YM hiding from their new Sunday School teacher. So they helped me set up and then we had our own Sunday School lesson. We actually had a good talk. The YW lesson was next and cute Tatum's mommy taught it. The girls just love her and she is so good to them.

I could tell you more about the spirit of the day, but then I'll just get all mushy and cry or something. So just know, today has been great.

After church we pulled out some of the old albums. We have listened to Manhatten Transfer, Jim Croce, My Fair Lady, etc. Just a musical feast :-)

Mile war 48.5+4=52.5

1 comment:

Holly F. said...

I DO love Daniel! He is just so cute.

And, please do share more spiritual stuff. It's always good to hear.