Wednesday, October 24, 2007

School's out for summer.......

Oh wait, that is the wrong song. School is actually out for 2 days. We are on official fire days. The church parking lot is all new and black. It reminds me of when you drive on fresh snow and yours are the only tracks. Well instead of snow is was ash. So kind of a cool sight during this very bad situation. Oh by the way, Carlie and Kellie are NOT sad school is out. Although Kellie did not get to have her concert tonight. So sad.

On my way home from work tonight I counted 10 planes in the sky. I got a bit of a sense of what war time would be like. It is very interesting to see these big planes and helicopters do a water drop and turn around to get more water. one of the models of planes can do a fill in 30 seconds. Amazing! They get the water from the nearest, safest water spot available. Some helicopters are getting their water from golf course ponds.

With the new found freedom Kellie is staying with some friends tonight. Carlie and dad are having fun at dad's school doing stuff. Who knows what fun tomorrow will bring. As long as none of us breath in too deeply.

Girls, could one of you send this site to Sarah? She was my inspiration (plus you girls of course) for doing a blog. Thanks, you guys rock!

Be safe, count your blessings and say lots of prayers for the almost million people who have been evacuated from their homes.

2 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

Hi Zotz,
I am loving your blog. It will help me feel more connected to my favorite chatfield family. These fires are just too much!!! I am sure it is 100 times worse in Redlands right now. Fun that the girls got 2 days off of school!
THANK YOU so much for my surprise in the mail. I am going to be in Upland on Sat. so i am going to try and head over to the expo after the baby shower I am giving for my sister in law. I was super excited to get the FREE ticket!!!
Miss you guys lots.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I've been thinking of you guys every time we hear the news. Craziness. Glad you're doing ok through it--sure wild to picture.