Monday, October 15, 2007

The Flapper survived Bus Surfin'

First off, welcome Jen to my blog. I just hope it doesn't lead to concerns like...How could Rick be related to this wacky lady?

I went as a Flapper on Saturday for the scrapbooking bus tour. I had the long beads, the feathers, some really hot, red, shiney lips, some shimy and shack to go along with the fringe, fancy stockings and cool (comfortable) shoes. I am super relieved that it came together well. The costume must have worked out okay, because when I was standing near the lunch place some guys whistled. How funny is that!!!

We had 48 ladies and 2 gentlemen. Every one was so fun and kind. They wanted to take pictures with me and the other hostess Shelly. (It is funny because Shelly only has daughters and one of the names is Carly) So it is funny thinking that I am in other people's scrapbook. The tour was from 8:30 AM to 6PM. It was fun shuffling up and down the bus isle to hand out prizes, play games, smooze and other fun stuff like that. I came home just a little tired. I guess I looked a bit tired the next day to teach my Sunday School class. The youth must not be used to being calm. It was so great being around such wonderful, happy people all day.

I am extra glad, today inparticular, that my family is still alive. Holly was hit from behind while driving near BYU today. She is well and the car faired well too. Shelley is alive too. When a gravel truck hits you, it's a pretty big deal. Paul was in an accident with Kellie and Julie in the van over the summer. So yea!!!! for having my family alive. I think we have had our fun with accidents lately. Funny thing is, these are the only accidents pretty much our whole marriage. So a reminder to all; buckle up and say your prayers every day. What a healthy combination.

Brent Walker's homecoming was yesterday. I think he got taller. He definitly is more outgoing. He is coming over to make Navajo tacos with us. Very exciting. He can't wait to go to BYU Idaho in April. He also wants to see all of his Chatfield cousins ASAP. So with your Thanksgiving comes a tall dose of Brent. Super fun. His talk was great.

Happy Monday

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Thanks for the welcome--wow. :P I think you guys are awesome--no worries there! Found yours off Shelley's!

Julie said...

I am so excited to see Brent when we come home. And I'm glad your bus tour went awesomely! I love you!!!