Sunday, October 7, 2007

A new lawn experience

Are you stuffed?

What a feast this weekend brought with General Conference. It is hard to say which of the talks was my favorite. Each of the talks were filled with the spirit of truth and beautiful testimony of our Savior. Through the weekend I was filled with such happiness knowing that all of my girls were hearing and being fed with the same spiritual feast.

Carlie and Kellie came into the living room and just hung out while conference was on. They made comments and asked questions. It has been a great weekend.

Something super great happened Saturday. I asked the girls who wanted to mow and who wanted to edge the lawn in between the conf. sessions. Carlie said she would do the edging and Kellie offered to mow. We got out there and before you know it the job was done. It was a beautiful day and it felt good to be outside. Kellie mowed the lawn like a pro. Carlie was doing a great job with the edging and then the blade fell off. I got the tools out, put the blade back on, and Carlie finished it up. I know this isn't as fun as the 'grass in the hair' story, but in so many ways it is a much better story.

So what should I be for Halloween? At work I am doing the bus tour again this Saturday. Any ideas are welcome. Just remember...I will be going up and down the isle of a bus.

Dad's new calling is hitting me in a different place recently. All the Bishop's wives interview with the Stake President once a year. I go for my interview this Wednesday. I am looking forward to meeting with President Carlson to talk about this feeling. On a lighter note, I got some advice from President Haws..."Sister Chatfield, remember you are not the one doing the interviewing." President Haws is a great man with a great testimony, and one who cracks me up...often.

Kellie and I went on a little walk tonight and we were looking at the stars. What an amazing world we are part of. I feel like my blessings are like the stars, too many to count.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joelle, I love your blog, your thoughts, and what a GREAT mom you are to your gorgeous girls!!! :D Too fun to catch up on how things are going for you guys! Hugs to you guys :) Jen