Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Kellie's Birthday

Yesterday was Kellie's 16th birthday. I gave her the date idea book I have been working on for months. Thanks to all of you for your help. It is never too late to add more ideas..so if you hear of some great double/group date ideas let me know. She also got some fun gifts from her friends. One of the most thoughtful was a loaf of bread, peanut butter and honey from Emily Lawrence. I guess when Kel goes over to her house that is what she always eats there. I love thoughtful gifts like that. Kellie invited a group of kids to share her special day. The 3 boys offically asked out the 3 girls and it was all of their official first dates. So journal entery for each of them!! The boys picked up their dates and met at our house. Then I drove them all to Disneyland since non of them can drive eachother yet. haha Kellie got a birthday pin and Marshall got an "I'm Celebrating" pin since he was on his first date and has waited so long to do so. And the cool part is he actually wore it. The boys paid for the girls lunches and were quit gentlemanly towards there dates. It was sweet. I met them for dinner, a jungle cruise ride and then off to see the fireworks. I was sad that Dumbo did not fly last night during the show. Kellie got her b-day gift card to spend and had to use it that day. Marshall and Kel went off to spend that and the other kids went on one last ride. We all met to find Kel has spent most of her money buying each of her friends a "thanks for coming to my party" gift. We took a few last pictures (which I will post on FB) and then we were off. These kids are so great and were so gracious I feel blessed that I know them. I also feel very happy that Kel has such great friends. I feel very blessed that I have such a great family and wonderful friends too. Thanks to all!!!

4 comments:

Holly F. said...

Sounds like the most fun day ever! And Mommy, Mickey Mouse must have been your date! :)

Julie said...

Sounds pretty fantastic! I'm glad they had a fun fun day!

Shannon said...

Wasn't it just last week that Erica and Kellie were in Nursey? I think I missed something somewhere! Happy Birthday, Kellie!

Zotz said...

haha..Mickey was my date and I had a great time. I'm glad you really know my style Holly. Thanks for being very supportive sisters, Holly, Shelley, Julie and Carlie. Hugs and smooches.

And yes Shannon...the time has flown...but you still have all your kids at home...we just have one. Now that is really weird. Fun times ahead.