Sunday, July 5, 2009

Party time

I feel like throwing a party....a pity party. I don't have these parties very often....and don't expect any balloons.

I have been sick for 2 weeks. I got sick right before my husband and I left for our 25 wedding celebration. I kept a lot of meds with me and tried to be perky, even though I felt like my face was extra large because of my sinus'. When I got home from that I could feel a fever blister coming on and boy did it turn out to be a doosy. It hurts to smile or laugh. I can't have any kissing parties with my 2 grandbabies. That makes me sad...'cause I won't see Jack until Thanksgiving. It is getting better, but it is in that gross getting better stage where it looks really yucky. So up to Utah I go with my awesome fever blister and still feeling a bit like a hot air balloon with huge lips. And I think I am starting to sound like a man....my throat is so sore. But I put a happy face on and get to work getting Carlie settled. I even tried to put happy toes on too. I am currently wearing bright yellow nail polish...some may think it is a bit loud, I think it is fun and wacky. I will be going home on Monday...the house will be VERY quiet after a month with ALL the girls home and the 2 babies. I am glad there are things to do when I get home like rearrange my entire house. And there are still 3 birthdays to celebrate.

Some may not be happy with me having parties for Kellie and friends. But they may also not understand that I get my energy from that. I love the anticipation and planning of the party. I love hearing laughing and people having a great time. I will only get this for 2 more years. That is such a crushing idea....2 years....and quiet. It will be great with Paul and I home alone....but the reality is I will be home alone....a lot.

Party over. Medication taken. Looking forward to going to the Provo Canyon. I bought a book about President Lincoln that I will enjoy reading today. And I get to spend one more day with Caleb, Holly, Jack and Carlie. No matter how yucky the day is....if you look you will always find rainbows!!!!!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling well, but good for you for finding a couple of positives. It is strange to think that you only have one at home. Change is a good thing, though, and every stage of life has it's pros and cons. You are one amazing lady. Enjoy your time with Kellie and make a paper chain to count down the days to the visits from the grandbabies! Have a great visit!

Zotz said...

Thanks Shannon. This party won't last for long...I will be going home tomorrow and things will settle into a comfortable pace. Thanks for your words of encouragement.