Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The youngest has her license.

2 big things happened today. Caleb and Holly celebrated their wedding anniversary. What a BIG day for them!! Congratulations...your gift is in the mail. (sorry it's late)

The second BIG thing that happened today is Kellie got her driver's license. Some moms might be thrilled at this happening because they don't have to drive their children every where, etc. I however was always a little melancholy when each of my girls got their license. That means we won't get to have chats in the car as often. I loved picking my girls up from school, church, or any activity and instantly knowing their moods when they got in the car. I loved hearing thier stories and simply enjoyed being with them. It seems that once they can drive themselves, from the time they leave shool and get home the activities of their day seem less intersting to them so they feel I won't want to hear....and if they do tell stories it is way less animated. However, when I got my license and could get myself places and didn't have to rely on others I was super excited. So although it changes things for me....I love that they want their independence and that they are growing up to be competent young adults.

The thing that really is strange about today is that this will be the second to last thing that kellie does before she has total independence and of course the last thing will be when she graduates from High School. This is definitley a mile stone...and one that changes my life forever.

So what did I do this evening while Kellie went driving over to people's houses (and yes, one of the visits was to Marshall's)? I scrubbed my kitchen floor grout. Paul was at meetings and Kellie was gone...so I cranked up 5 for Fighting and scrubbed away. It looks amazing by the way. I have a feeling with all my free time while Kellie and Paul are gone I will clean and organize. Fun times. =/ I am happy to report that Angela and Emily came over to visit me and we made some fun plans for the group...so all is not lost.

So here is to changes...and to exciting things in the future.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am not sure if you remember me but It has been a very long time... I stumbled upon your blog and have enjoyed reading it. Tell Brother/Mr. Chatfield I say Hello (I say Mr. becuase I had his as a teacher as well) Oh and my Madien name is Philbin. :o)

Julie said...

I'm so excited for Kellie, and I have a feeling you're still going to be a big element in "the group." Love you!