Sunday, August 30, 2009

Disneyland

You all know I love going to Disneyland. Especially when I take my girls and their friends and I know they are having a great time. Last Friday I had a very new and enjoyable experience at Disneyland. It really warms my heart. My nephew Brent wanted to surprise me and go to Disneyland the same day I was going. It was a GREAT surprise and we met for dinner and chatted for almost 3 hours. He told me a bunch of stuff and he asked me tons of questions. It was truly magical.

So here is the break down of the day. I picked Emily L., Jessica Adcox and Kellie up from school. We got into the park around 4:30. The girls ran off to play and I sat and watched the ceremony that they do when they take down the American Flag. (If you haven't seen this I highly recommend it.) I love the marching band playing and the quartet singing patriotic songs. They encourage the audiance to sing along too. They honor the men and woman who have served our country and invite them to circle the flag pole. Old and young come and stand military style and salute our beautiful flag. I love this and am a bit silly and get teary every time. Then I met up with Brent at the Hungary Bear and we chatted. A wonderful and inspiring talk. By the time we finished it was dark. So I walked over to get a mint julip (with extra cherries) and then waited for the fireworks. Again, I get a little teary even though I have a huge smile on my face because I love the fireworks...and then I try not to have too silly of a look on my face when I see Dumbo fly!!! After the fireworks I went to buy some Mickey Mints (very delicious) to share with the ladies at work for being so sweet to me around my birthday. Then waited for the girls looking down main street near the train station. It was a very special trip and I am so grateful for family and friends who enrich my life.

No comments: