Wednesday, September 2, 2009

This mornings walk

Almost every seminary morning I drive with Kellie to seminary and meet Aunt Janie and we walk for 3 miles AND talk for 3 miles. After we walk I go another mile to my house with my shuffle(music). It is great fun and I love that my excercise is over before 7AM. The "subject of the day" was medical stuff because my nephew Brent just had some teeth implants put in because he is missing 2 permanent teeth. It has been a long process for him, a few surgeries, and they only have one more thing to do and it will ALL be done. Janie asked me some questions about when Julie was having her 5surgeries, what the tons of Doctor appointments were like, what the family went through, etc. I started to tell her one story about Julie's experience and began to cry...I couldn't even talk for a bit....silly me. I shared with her the time we all went to pick Julie up from the hospital to take her home after she had been there for a week when she was 8 years old. The doctor wanted to take one more x-ray before we left. We wheeled Julie down the hall to the day-room. The whole way there Kellie, who was 3 at the time, had her hand on top of Julie's being very gentle and rubbing her hand which was on the wheel chair arm rest. To me it really shows the big heart these 2 girls had and still have. Julie was willing to let her sister hold her hand and Kellie wanted to show her sister the whole ride down the hall that she loved her. If that moment could get any better, it was Easter time. The local firemen and policemen (dressed in uniform) came to the hospital that day to give the children stuffed animals and high fives. All of them were lining the hall when we were wheeling Julie to get her final x-ray. They all had smiles on their faces and were sending Julie good wishes. She couldn't smile because her face was swollen... she did wave to them and show her appreciation....Julie in her pretty pink nightgown. These 2 mental pictures will stay with me always. And now..typing it....tears. Tears that our family is so blessed with a Julie, Kellie, Holly, Shelley and Carlie.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I love you Mommy! Thanks for being the greatest!!!

marcelo torua jimenez said...

alo alo it is love yuo bye bye

Anonymous said...

You have a sweet family, I have just built my first amature website and I'm tring to get back links to it for SEO.Backlinks help the ratings of websites on search engines.
If it is ok with you I would like you to put a link to my site on your site and I would be glad to do the same for you from my blogger site.
Also ,It would be nice if you would see my site and watch the you tubes and give me your opinion about my site. It's very beginner and I'm friendly so you can say any thing you like about the site.
the link I would like posted is

http://websitebuildingtools4beginners.com
Thanks Greg