Saturday, January 12, 2008

Pounding heart

My heart is still pounding from reading the Vampire books. I started them last Sunday and I finished the 3rd one last night about 1AM. I have asked Carlie to read the last few chapters of book 3 so I can talk to someone about it. She knows a little of the story because I have been filling the girls in as I have read. (I am pretty sure they were just being kind in listening)

Aunt Wendy gave me the first book, so I called her and talked with her about it. She was really sad when she finished reading the books, so she looked up the website and read the "deleated scenes". (Rick and Caleb...it includes pictures of really cool cars.) She found out that there is another book coming out this summer. I am thrilled. She also learned the same author is writing a book from the male love interest view point. How cool is that! Looking up the website wasn't good enough for Aunt Wendy, so she read them again. I would do the same, but I think I will take a break from them, my heart is still racing from the last time I read them. I don't think my heart can handle it....I know, I am such a dork.

I heard that, and am embarressed to say, that there is a 3 book series of Tristen & Isole. I will take a shot at those, then go back to the vampires.

Last night Kellie had a friend over and I was about 50 pages from the end of the book. She and her friend were hanging out in the living room doing a project and listening to music. I could tell my face was all red from what I was reading. So I went into Kellie's room, when I came out Carlie asked if I was okay because I felt really hot. I told her I had just expereinced a werewolf and vampire fight. She laughed, but I really felt like my breath was gone and very drained.

So my recommendation for these books are....READ THEM!

My mile war miles stand at 7.5 for the week. There was no tredmill action this week, I was too busy reading. Just so you know I also did laundry, went to the temple, cooked meals, and even mopped the floors. So I did participate in life, but took every free minute and read. Plus I didn't get much sleep during the week.

It is funny that some people's comments on these books are negative. They say we shouldn't be teaching our children these things. Well, I think I covered the part with my girls that, it is wrong to date vampires and werewolves. So just in case you girls have forgotten that, here is your reminder.

Yea for good books! (this comment dedicated to Julie)

4 comments:

Julie said...

All I can say to the end comment is... CHEERS!

Holly F. said...

I can't wait to read them myself, Mommy! Good job!

Anonymous said...

They WERE good weren't they?!! So hard to wait for the next one :) lol, and they're making a movie too! I thought they were great escapes. :)

Sarah Hull said...

Let's all go to the movie the first night it comes out! I too can't wait for book #4. I heard it comes out in the spring. Is it the summer now? I was hoping it would come about a month after the baby is born. I pictured myself breastfeeding, ella naping, kate at school and me in my own little vampire world.
I am so happy that you had fun reading them.