Saturday, January 5, 2008

Potter - you say it like water

I have done what most of you did oh so long ago...finished all the Harry Potter books. My family didn't want me to read book 6 until book 7 came out. I finally read them. It is fun to be able to discuss them with people. Like, I know Julie thought the end of 7 was a little hokey. I enjoyed it. I am sad that Harry and Snape didn't get to have a moment like Harry did with Albus after they all died. Now that Harry understands what Snape did for him, it would have been great for them to have a little chat. I think I need to go back and read the last 100 pages again though. I am sure I missed some of the detail 'cause I was in a hurry to see what happened. I am very sad about Doby too. That is actually the time I cried the most. I loved how she explained the moment when Harry realized he needed to die. When I was reading I asked Carlie (who is REALLY into it) what happens to the dragon that helped them out of the bank. She said that is so not important. But me being an animal lover, I would love to know more about the nearly blind dragon. I hope she found her family and all is well with her. Yes, I know, I am such a dork.

My sister gave me the new Vampire books. So I think that will be my next casual reading. Have any of you read it yet? Jackie Hill loves them and read all 3 in a week. Stephanie thinks they are way too racey. Neither of these opinions surprise me.

Julie left today. I was glad I got to take her to the airport. It is hard to let her go. All the girls do this, but since the other girls weren't home, Julie brought such a balance to Carlie and Kellie. I am very grateful that she came home. I told the girls she may not be back for an extended visit until Thanksgiving. That is weird to think about. I am glad she was sad to leave and happy that she wanted to go back to Provo. I love that she loves her college life.

Carlie, Kellie and I went to Ontario Mills after we took Julie to the airport. It was the funniest thing. We are not big shoppers, not a bunch of entertainment there. So we walked all the way around it. Went into a few stores, ate lunch and then went home.

Many say how 'this' Christmas was the best ever. I plan on doing things different next year so I will be able to say that. This Christmas break was very good, but I can do better. So add that to my New Year's Resolutions.

We saw a car liscene plate cover that was so great today;
Just a little bit of pixie dust and here we goooo!

Farewell to Harry and hello vampires.

Mile war -
2.5 miles for Thurs
2.5 miles Friday
Total for 2008 - 7.5

2 comments:

Julie said...

First off, I don't really understand what your comment on my post means. Second, I forgot to tell you that Holly wants to reset the mile war for tomorrow, being the first day of school. Shelley just found out about it and she wants to join. Third, I love you!

Sarah Hull said...

I think you'll love the "Vampire books". I read them all so fast and thought it was just super fun, fast reading. I NEVER thought in a million years that my mom would ever read books like those... and she read all three and got way into them too. let us know what you think.
miss ya.