Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Cellos and Rock & Roll

Last night Kellie had a Wind Ensemble concert at Clock Auditorium. It is still a little weird to think that my youngest is rockin' out with her trumpet during a high school event. She looks so beautiful in her dress. ( I know, I know, a picture would be perfect right now.) While they were playing the last song a huge smile just jumped onto my face. It was soooo great! The song was so fun and so well played. I am so happy for Kellie that she gets to be part of something wonderful and that she takes me along for the ride.

The second half of the concert the U of R Wind Ensemble played. They did some artsy music which is good. But my favorite was a saxaphone quartet. It was so awesome. I love the saxs, and to have 4 going at the same time, playing such great music was...so SWEEEEET! After that song there were some more fun music. I just love that these kids work hard and can do this great thing with their instruments. (Actually I get a little emotional about it.) For the last song a celliest joined the Ensemble. Oh...my...goodness. Have you ever seen anyone play rock & roll on a cello. This guy was smokin'. His fingers were moving so fast and his bow was going crazy. The song was great, but the best part was watching this guy do his thing.

Mile war +5

2 comments:

Julie said...

I think we should have a cross-state party when you reach 100 miles. Then we can declare you ultimate champion!

Zotz said...

Sounds Great!