Wednesday, May 6, 2009

25 years ago we didn't look this old.



My sister Wendy and I helped my mom celebrate her 70th birthday, and what better place then Disneyland. We spent 2 days there and had a great time. We stayed the night at the Candy Cane Inn which is right next to D-land. We had a fun and relaxed time. Looking at the pictures however...these are not the faces I see in my minds eye when I think of me, Wendy and my mom. My minds-eye sees the faces of these girls when we lived together 25 years ago. I am very gratrful that we are still here together regardless of age (and wrinkles). What a great life we have.


Speaking of the minds-eye image. I had a friend find me on Facebook. He was in my ward (and no I never dated him) when I was a youth. He had the coolest hair and looked like a surfer guy. He and his parents were always super great to me. Since he has found me we have chatted a bit. Weird that this teenage boy (in my mind) has 8 kids, been a Bishop twice, owns a home and has very little hair. I'm not really feeling old, it's just weird to see every one else looking old. Because of this new fb connection I have conneted with a few of my other youth friends....even Micheal Jackson. Fun times!!

So here is to OLD friends and relatives!!

And always remember the motto: It is better to be any age then in the box.

4 comments:

Alexa said...

We love the Candy Cane Inn! When I was growing up my family always stayed there. Glad you had fun, and I think you all look great!

Megan Hatch said...

I enjoy that motto...I think I'm gonna use that one! =)

Holly F. said...

I think all of you actually look spectactular in this photo! And happy late birthday to grandma!

Carrie said...

What a fabulous picture.